The Paddock Information Collection the most comprehensive source of information about Paddock (2020 edition)
By Bill Ridgeway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Paddock is the code name of the bunker from which Winston Churchill
and the War Cabinet would have run
The Paddock Information Collection currently has 549* objects (2,247* pages) including documents, images, maps, plans, publications and recollections from 56 contributors. Information is available in 6 compacted parts. (Click here to download PeaZip).
- Part A Index, Collection guidelines, Copyright statement 6 objects (31 pages)*
- Part B - Documents 62 objects (1,213 pages)*
- Part C - Images 397 objects (495 pages)*
- Part D - Maps and plans 26 objects (26 pages)*
- Part E - Publications 47 objects (430 pages)*
- Part F - Recollections 11 objects (52 pages)*
* Some objects are not included in the 'public' version of The Paddock Information Collection due to copyright restriction.
A few specially selected objects from The Paddock Information Collection are available individually.
- Index to The Paddock Information Collection This is the key to The Paddock Information Collection (Download this file to identify file(s) of interest)
- Paddock in the 20th Century (NEW)
- Paddock in the 21st Century (NEW)
Also available is A Gazetteer of Cold war sites and structures in the United Kingdom and Isle of Man used for the control and protection (directly or indirectly) of civilians in an emergency situation (1945 to date). This includes information of about 1,878 known bunkers and a further 1,479 possible bunkers but does not include either air raid shelters or currently operational military bunkers. Click here to download.